Can I take ginkgo biloba and ginseng if I take BP medicine?

You should discuss this with your doctor, especially the specialist prescribing the blood pressure medication if not your primary care doctor. Herbal medications such as gingko and ginseng can react unfavorably with some medications. There are many blood pressure medications on the market and it is likely you may be on other medications for other conditions (such as cholesterol or diabetes) as well. Whenever you take prescription medications, the doctor and/or pharmacist check your list of known medications for any potential dangerous reactions or need for dose adjustment. Taking non-prescription medications like herbals can complicate things and so you should check with your doctor on this. This is another reason to keep your doctors informed of ALL your medications whether that particular doctor prescribed it or not. Further, you should get all your prescriptions from one pharmacy or pharmacy chain so that the pharmacist can double-check your medications. 

Continue Learning about Ginkgo

What is ginkgo used for?
Gingko biloba is intended for people who have mental impairments such as dementia or Alzheimer's dis...
What do I need to know about ginkgo biloba and ginseng?
Two herbs that patients ask us about more than any others are ginkgo biloba and ginseng. I lump them...
Are there any reasons to avoid Ginkgo biloba?
The following cautions should be considered before using Ginkgo biloba: Situations in which use ...
What is the maximum daily dosage for ginkgo biloba?
Ginkgo biloba is available in a variety of product types. The recommended daily dose of Ginkgo bilob...