What are the symptoms of gingivitis?

Symptoms of gingivitis include redness and swelling of your gums. Your gums may also become soft and bleed easily, particularly when you brush and floss your teeth. You may notice that you have bad breath, also known as halitosis. As gingivitis progresses to periodontitis, your gums may begin to recede from your teeth.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

When should I call my dentist if I have gingivitis?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you think you have gingivitis, schedule a dental appointment right away. Gingivitis can usually b...
How does menopause affect gingivitis?
Hormonal changes in menopause can affect a woman's gums in several ways. For instance, some post...
What's the difference between gingivitis and periodontitis?
Periodontal (gum) diseases are classified according to the severity of the disease. The two majo...
How can gingivitis be prevented?
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease (an infection that affects the tissues and bon...