What can I do to control gingivitis?

The most important thing you can do to control gingivitis is to have good oral health habits such as brushing and flossing and scheduling regular dental cleanings. Remove plaque from between teeth with an interdental brush, floss or sticks.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

What is gingivitis?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Gum disease, also known as gingivitis, is an inflammation of the gums caused by plaque sitting on th...
Is gingivitis serious?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease that causes the gums to become red and swollen...
When should I call my dentist if I have gingivitis?
If you think you have gingivitis, schedule a dental appointment right away. Gingivitis can usually b...
Can gingivitis become a dental emergency?
Gingivitis is a milder and reversible form of periodontal disease that only affects the gums. If not...