What are symptoms of menstruation gingivitis?

Symptoms of menstruation gingivitis include inflammation and redness of the gums, sometimes with a burning sensation, bleeding and pain. Symptoms might occur during ovulation and premenstruation, perhaps because of changing hormone levels at these times. Women should remember to take excellent care of their teeth and gums and make routine visits to their dentist.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

How does menopause affect gingivitis?
Hormonal changes in menopause can affect a woman's gums in several ways. For instance, some post...
Can prescription drugs make gingivitis more likely?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
YES! Inflammation of the gums (gingiva) can be caused by prescribed drugs. Anything that changes the...
How can gingivitis be prevented?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease (an infection that affects the tissues and bon...
When should I seek immediate care if I have gingivitis?
In most circumstances, you should not need immediate care if you have gingivitis. Gingivitis is t...