How can I tell if I have gingivitis?

Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
The mouth is a peek into what is going on in the rest of the body. In this video, Dr. Oz welcomes Dr. Jonathan Levine, who discusses what makes gums bleed.
You may initially identify gingivitis if the bristles of your toothbrush are pink or your gums bleed when you brush or floss. They may also be swollen, soft and tender to the touch. Also, look for a darkening in color of your gums.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

What's the best way to prevent gingivitis with diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Research shows that there is an increased prevalence of gum disease among those with diabetes. If pl...
What is gingivitis?
Dante A. Gonzales, DMDDante A. Gonzales, DMD
Gum disease, also known as gingivitis, is an inflammation of the gums caused by plaque sitting on th...
Sip Green Tea for Healthier Teeth
Sip Green Tea for Healthier Teeth
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?