How can I tell if I have gingivitis?

Jonathan B. Levine, DMD
Prosthodontics
The mouth is a peek into what is going on in the rest of the body. In this video, Dr. Oz welcomes Dr. Jonathan Levine, who discusses what makes gums bleed.
You may initially identify gingivitis if the bristles of your toothbrush are pink or your gums bleed when you brush or floss. They may also be swollen, soft and tender to the touch. Also, look for a darkening in color of your gums.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

How does menopause affect gingivitis?
Hormonal changes in menopause can affect a woman's gums in several ways. For instance, some post...
How common is gingivitis?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease and can be very common. It causes the gums to ...
Sip Green Tea for Healthier Teeth
Sip Green Tea for Healthier Teeth
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?