Does leukemia make me susceptible to gingivitis?

If leukemia cells are in your gums, it can cause gingivitis. Your weakened immune system and inability to fight infections can make it worse. Since leukemia causes your blood to not clot properly, your gums may appear red and bleed easily and longer. 

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

What are the signs of gum disease?
Signs of gum disease include: Red or swollen gums Tender or bleeding gums Painful chewing Loos...
How does menopause affect gingivitis?
Hormonal changes in menopause can affect a woman's gums in several ways. For instance, some post...
When should I call my dentist if I have gingivitis?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
If you think you have gingivitis, schedule a dental appointment right away. Gingivitis can usually b...
What's the difference between gingivitis and periodontitis?
Periodontal (gum) diseases are classified according to the severity of the disease. The two majo...