When should I call my dentist if I have gingivitis?

You should talk to your dentist if you think you may have gingivitis because of its identifiable symptoms. You may notice that your gums bleed easily when you floss or brush your teeth. Your gums may also appear to be red and swollen, or they may seem as if they are receding. If these symptoms appear, do not delay in making an appointment, as untreated gingivitis can lead to more serious forms of gum disease.

If you think you have gingivitis, schedule a dental appointment right away. Gingivitis can usually be eliminated by a professional cleaning at your dental office, followed by daily brushing and flossing. Good dental care at home is essential to help keep gingivitis from becoming more serious or recurring.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

How can gingivitis be prevented?
Dr. Saul N. Miller, DDSDr. Saul N. Miller, DDS
To understand the cure it is necessary to understand the cause. The causes are most commonly poor ho...
Is gingivitis serious?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease that causes the gums to become red and swollen...
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?
Sip Green Tea for Healthier Teeth
Sip Green Tea for Healthier Teeth