How is gingivitis diagnosed?

Your dentist can diagnose gingivitis fairly easily by asking you to describe your symptoms and examining your teeth and gums. The dentist will look for plaque and tartar, and may notice bleeding or redness and swelling of the gums. If they are unable to determine the cause of your gingivitis, the dentist may refer you to a doctor for a medical checkup.

Continue Learning about Gingivitis

How does menopause affect gingivitis?
Hormonal changes in menopause can affect a woman's gums in several ways. For instance, some post...
When should I seek immediate care if I have gingivitis?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
In most circumstances, you should not need immediate care if you have gingivitis. Gingivitis is t...
Can Gum Disease Affect Your Overall Health?
Sip Green Tea for Healthier Teeth
Sip Green Tea for Healthier Teeth