Why should I know my metabolic rate before I begin a weight loss program?

To begin a weight loss program, you need to figure out your metabolic rate based on your age, height, weight and activity level. This data will help determine how many calories your body can consume before you actually start putting on weight. Then you'll learn how to adjust that number so you can boost your metabolism and start losing pounds.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Getting Started with Weight Loss

4 Tips for Lasting Change
4 Tips for Lasting Change
We all know that making a physical change in your life often starts with a change of mindset as much as a change in behavior. Research shows that this...
Is diet or exercise more important for weight loss?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
Exercise is an important part of health and longevity, but it's not the key to weight loss; changing...
Is it okay to splurge before starting a diet?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
People often embark on a major splurge in food the day or even the week before beginning a new journ...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals