Why should I know my metabolic rate before I begin a weight loss program?

To begin a weight loss program, you need to figure out your metabolic rate based on your age, height, weight and activity level. This data will help determine how many calories your body can consume before you actually start putting on weight. Then you'll learn how to adjust that number so you can boost your metabolism and start losing pounds.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Getting Started with Weight Loss

Is diet or exercise more important for weight loss?
Nicholas Knutson , NASM Elite TrainerNicholas Knutson , NASM Elite Trainer
Diet is going to be the bigger change to make because it usually means you're giving up something yo...
How do I start losing weight?
Katie Rickel, PhDKatie Rickel, PhD
It is nearly guaranteed that you will lose weight if you commit to writing down every bit of food th...
How important is it to have my DNA tested before I start a diet?
While DNA testing is available and relatively affordable, you don't necessarily have to take a DNA t...
What Should I Do Before Starting a Weight-Loss Program?