How important is it to have my DNA tested before I start a diet?

While DNA testing is available and relatively affordable, you don't necessarily have to take a DNA test to determine your best diet. "There are numerous signs," says Keri Glassman, a registered dietician. "Physical measures -- the things you see in the mirror, clinical measures -- simple tests you get at a yearly checkup, and also symptomatic measures, ways you're feeling physically or emotionally."
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Getting Started with Weight Loss

4 Tips for Lasting Change
4 Tips for Lasting Change
We all know that making a physical change in your life often starts with a change of mindset as much as a change in behavior. Research shows that this...
How do I start losing weight?
Katie Rickel, PhDKatie Rickel, PhD
It is nearly guaranteed that you will lose weight if you commit to writing down every bit of food th...
How do I begin changing myself?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Do anything differently. It doesn't matter what it is; simply find something you do on a regular bas...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals