How important is it to have my DNA tested before I start a diet?

While DNA testing is available and relatively affordable, you don't necessarily have to take a DNA test to determine your best diet. "There are numerous signs," says Keri Glassman, a registered dietician. "Physical measures -- the things you see in the mirror, clinical measures -- simple tests you get at a yearly checkup, and also symptomatic measures, ways you're feeling physically or emotionally."
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Getting Started with Weight Loss

4 Tips for Lasting Change
4 Tips for Lasting Change
We all know that making a physical change in your life often starts with a change of mindset as much as a change in behavior. Research shows that this...
Is it okay to splurge before starting a diet?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
People often embark on a major splurge in food the day or even the week before beginning a new journ...
What should I do before starting a weight-loss program?
Carla Curtis - Sharecare TransformerCarla Curtis - Sharecare Transformer
Make an appointment with your physician and make sure you are healthy enough to go on a weight loss ...
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals
To Eat Fewer Calories, Enjoy Calm Meals