How do I care for someone with gestational trophoblastic tumor?

Caring for a woman with gestational trophoblastic tumor (GTT) involves helping them deal with the effects of the disease and its treatment. The exact type of care she will need depends on the type of tumor, how much it has spread, and the treatment she has received. It is very important that you make sure that the woman attends all medical appointments and follows all instructions for her treatment. Even after successful treatment, follow-up appointments with the doctor are necessary, because GTT may come back.

In addition, many women with GTT will need emotional support. Most GTTs arise during pregnancy, and there are often significant feelings of loss for the pregnancy. You should provide whatever support is necessary, and enlist others, such as family members, friends, support groups, and professionals, to help as needed.

Continue Learning about Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor

Can I get pregnant after having a gestational trophoblastic tumor?
Whether you can become pregnant after having a gestational trophoblastic tumor depends on the treatm...
How are gestational trophoblastic tumors staged?
Staging of gestational trophoblastic tumors is the process of classifying the tumors based on their ...
When can I become pregnant after a gestational trophoblastic tumor?
After you are treated for gestational trophoblastic tumor, your doctor will want to make sure that t...
How are the types of gestational trophoblastic tumors related?
The three most common types of gestational trophoblastic tumors (GTTs) are closely related to each o...