Is there a cure for gestational diabetes?

There is no known cure for gestational diabetes. If you develop gestational diabetes, you are at risk for developing diabetes later in life. You may also develop gestational diabetes if you become pregnant again. However, you can significantly lower the risk of developing complications before, during, and after pregnancy by making a commitment to healthy habits and blood glucose monitoring.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

Gestational Diabetes and the Power of Breastfeeding
When Mariah Carey developed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) before she delivered twins in April of 2011 she hoped giving birth would put her worri...
What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes in Hawaii
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
What side effects does insulin therapy for gestational diabetes have?
Low blood sugar is the most common side effect of insulin. It is more common in people who have irre...
How can I know if I am at risk for gestational diabetes?
To learn about your risk for gestational diabetes, select the items that apply to you. At your first...