How often should I eat if I have gestational diabetes?

If you have gestational diabetes, you should eat small, frequent meals and snacks. Eat about every two to three hours. Spreading your carbohydrates (or carbs) evenly throughout the day helps keep your blood glucose stable.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

Gestational Diabetes and the Power of Breastfeeding
When Mariah Carey developed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) before she delivered twins in April of 2011 she hoped giving birth would put her worri...
What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes in Hawaii
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
When is the oral glucose tolerance test performed?
Kevin W. Windom, MDKevin W. Windom, MD
The oral glucose tolerance test is routinely performed between 24 to 28 weeks gestation. It is a tes...
What should I know before I start insulin therapy for gestational diabetes?
Many drugs can raise or lower blood sugar and lessen or intensify the effects of insulin. Be sure to...