How often should I eat if I have gestational diabetes?

If you have gestational diabetes, you should eat small, frequent meals and snacks. Eat about every two to three hours. Spreading your carbohydrates (or carbs) evenly throughout the day helps keep your blood glucose stable.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

Gestational Diabetes and the Power of Breastfeeding
When Mariah Carey developed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) before she delivered twins in April of 2011 she hoped giving birth would put her worri...
What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
How should I build a gestational diabetes meal plan?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes that occurs only during pregnancy. Following a meal p...
What are the risks if I do not follow a gestational diabetes diet?
Jennifer ShawJennifer Shaw
If blood sugars are uncontrolled during a pregnancy, there are risks for both the mom and the baby. ...