How do I manage my gestational diabetes on a daily basis?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

You'll need to monitor your blood glucose levels several times a day as part of your daily treatment of gestational diabetes. You'll also need to follow a prescribed diet, as food and alcohol affect blood sugar levels. It's important to incorporate some type of exercise into your daily routine. If you were inactive before your pregnancy, you can start slowly and build your way up.

Ximena Jimenez

For proper management of gestational diabetes, it is essential to monitor blood glucose level on a daily basis. Check your blood sugar fasting and 2 hours after meals. Testing after breakfast, lunch or dinner can tell you the effects of the type and amount of food you are eating.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes in Hawaii
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...