How will gestational diabetes affect my lifestyle?

Managing gestational diabetes is a daily commitment, but the better this condition is managed, the more positive the outcome. If you have gestational diabetes, you will need to check your blood sugar several times a day. This may seem overwhelming at first, but it will get easier over time. Your doctor or a nutritionist will advise you on a special diet for gestational diabetes, since foods greatly affect blood sugar. Regular exercise will also help keep your blood sugar down. Talk to your doctor about a sensible exercise program.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes in Hawaii
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
Gestational Diabetes and the Power of Breastfeeding
When Mariah Carey developed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) before she delivered twins in April of 2011 she hoped giving birth would put her worri...
Why should I include protein in my diet if I have gestational diabetes?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you have gestational diabetes, you should include some healthy protein with every meal or sna...
How do I manage my gestational diabetes on a daily basis?
Ximena JimenezXimena Jimenez
For proper management of gestational diabetes, it is essential to monitor blood glucose level on a d...