How common is gestational diabetes?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing
Studies show that less than ten percent of all babies are born to women with gestational diabetes. The risk of developing gestational diabetes is higher once you reach age 25. This risk is nearly six times higher for women over 40 than for teenage mothers.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes in Hawaii
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
What side effects does insulin therapy for gestational diabetes have?
Low blood sugar is the most common side effect of insulin. It is more common in people who have irre...
How will gestational diabetes affect my lifestyle?
Managing gestational diabetes is a daily commitment, but the better this condition is managed, the m...
How can I know if I am at risk for gestational diabetes?
To learn about your risk for gestational diabetes, select the items that apply to you. At your first...