How common is gestational diabetes?

Studies show that less than ten percent of all babies are born to women with gestational diabetes. The risk of developing gestational diabetes is higher once you reach age 25. This risk is nearly six times higher for women over 40 than for teenage mothers.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes in Hawaii
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
Should I talk to my doctor about gestational diabetes?
If you developed gestational diabetes in the past, and are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant...
Does gestational diabetes lead to full-blown diabetes?
Gestational diabetes is usually temporary and disappears after pregnancy. It does, however, place yo...