Do I need to count calories if I have gestational diabetes?

Following a proper balanced meal plan is imperative if you have gestational diabetes. However, some women with gestational diabetes may need to count calories, but many others don’t. Your meal plan will list all of the targets you need to aim for -- and your healthcare provider can answer any questions.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
Gestational Diabetes and the Power of Breastfeeding
When Mariah Carey developed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) before she delivered twins in April of 2011 she hoped giving birth would put her worri...
How should I eat if I have gestational diabetes?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you have gestational diabetes, you should try to eat a very small breakfast, with a similar mid-m...
Can gestational diabetes occur more than once?
Deborah Raines, MSNDeborah Raines, MSN
Yes,having gestational diabetes mellitus in a prior pregnancy is a risk factor for the condition to ...