Can gestational diabetes be prevented?

You can help prevent the complications that can occur when gestational diabetes is left untreated. There are steps you can take before you become pregnant or early on in your pregnancy to help prevent or lessen the symptoms of these complications. Managing your weight and exercising regularly are some of the ways you can help manage gestational diabetes.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
Gestational Diabetes and the Power of Breastfeeding
When Mariah Carey developed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) before she delivered twins in April of 2011 she hoped giving birth would put her worri...
Can I cut back on sugar if I have gestational diabetes?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you have gestational diabetes, it is best to watch out for sugar and concentrated sweets. Swe...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with gestational diabetes?
Pregnancy can be an exciting but challenging time for most women; having to manage gestational diabe...