Can I drink alcohol if I have gestational diabetes?

Whether you have gestational diabetes or not, you should not drink alcohol during your pregnancy. No amount of alcohol is considered safe for a developing baby.

Continue Learning about Gestational Diabetes

What You Need to Know About Gestational Diabetes in Hawaii
You’ve probably heard of type 1 and type 2 diabetes—and maybe even prediabetes—but did you know there’s another form of the disease that can develop d...
Gestational Diabetes and the Power of Breastfeeding
When Mariah Carey developed gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) before she delivered twins in April of 2011 she hoped giving birth would put her worri...
How common is gestational diabetes?
Studies show that less than ten percent of all babies are born to women with gestational diabetes. T...
Are there any alternative treatments for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes develops when blood sugar levels become too high during pregnancy. It is treate...