How do childhood extracranial germ cell tumors affect pregnancy?

Whether childhood extracranial germ cell tumors affect pregnancy depends on how advanced the tumor is and what treatment is conducted. Surgery to remove cancerous ovaries in females may result in infertility; surgery to remove the entire cervix (total hysterectomy) necessarily results in inability to carry a pregnancy. Although ovarian germ cell tumors occur in egg cells, other eggs may remain unaffected and able to conceive.

Continue Learning about Germ Cell Cancers

How do I care for someone with germ cell tumors?
To improve your child's chances of recovery, follow the treatment schedule for extracranial germ cel...
How do I manage my germ cell tumors on a daily basis?
To improve your chances of recovery, follow your treatment schedule for your extracranial germ cell ...
Are there side effects of germ cell tumor removal surgery?
Side effects of childhood extracranial germ cell tumor removal surgery depend on the sex of the pati...
Is anything wrong if I have a lump on my testicles, abdomen, or tailbone?
An unusual lump on your testicles, abdomen, or tailbone may be a sign of extracranial germ cell tumo...