Is there a cure for childhood extracranial germ cell tumors?

Childhood extracranial germ cell tumors can be cured through surgery, chemotherapy, or a combination of both. Prognosis (chance of recovery) depends on a number of factors, including the type of the cancer, the progression (stage, or whether and where it has spread in your body), and your general health. Prognosis is generally considered good overall for childhood extracranial germ cell tumors.

Continue Learning about Germ Cell Cancers

Are there alternative treatments for germ cell tumors?
The term "alternative" can be problematic when discussing treatments for childhood extracranial germ...
How do I prepare for an appointment about a germ cell tumor?
Before you meet with your doctor about possible symptoms of a childhood extracranial germ cell tumor...
How do I care for someone with germ cell tumors?
To improve your child's chances of recovery, follow the treatment schedule for extracranial germ cel...
How is a stage IV germ cell tumor treated?
A stage IV germ cell tumor has spread beyond the abdominal cavity. Treatment of a stage IV dysgermin...