What are the symptoms of extracranial germ cell tumor (childhood)?

Depending on the type and location of your child's extracranial germ cell tumor, various symptoms may occur. If the tumor is located in the testicles, it usually presents as a painless lump. If in the ovaries, your child may have pain or a lump in the abdomen; experience constipation, fever, an intense need to urinate, bloating, or unusual vaginal bleeding; or stop menstruating. Tumors sometimes migrate to other areas of the body, such as the sacrum (part of the pelvis) or coccyx (tailbone). If tumors are present in these locations, they are usually quite visible as a lump. The wide range of symptoms in girls may be interpreted even by doctors as other, often less serious, conditions. Watch for symptoms to persist and consistently worsen, which usually does not happen with other conditions.

Continue Learning about Germ Cell Cancers

How do I manage my germ cell tumors on a daily basis?
To improve your chances of recovery, follow your treatment schedule for your extracranial germ cell ...
Are there alternative treatments for germ cell tumors?
The term "alternative" can be problematic when discussing treatments for childhood extracranial germ...
How do I care for someone with germ cell tumors?
To improve your child's chances of recovery, follow the treatment schedule for extracranial germ cel...
How do I prepare for an appointment about a germ cell tumor?
Before you meet with your doctor about possible symptoms of a childhood extracranial germ cell tumor...