Can extragonadal germ cell tumors be prevented?

Because no one knows the exact cause of extragonadal germ cell tumors, it is difficult to determine how to prevent this disease. You have no control over risk factors, such as your sex, age, or having Klinefelter syndrome. Most doctors will recommend a generally healthful lifestyle: eating right and exercising.

Continue Learning about Germ Cell Cancers

How do I care for someone with germ cell tumors?
To improve your child's chances of recovery, follow the treatment schedule for extracranial germ cel...
Are there alternative treatments for germ cell tumors?
The term "alternative" can be problematic when discussing treatments for childhood extracranial germ...
Is anything wrong if I have a lump on my testicles, abdomen, or tailbone?
An unusual lump on your testicles, abdomen, or tailbone may be a sign of extracranial germ cell tumo...
Are there side effects of germ cell tumor removal surgery?
Side effects of childhood extracranial germ cell tumor removal surgery depend on the sex of the pati...