What are the different kinds of surgery for acid reflux?

Antireflux surgery can either be performed laparoscopically or via an open incision. Today the vast majority of this type of operation are performed laparoscopically with small incisions, resulting in a shorter recovery. There are several different types of antireflux surgeries that include the Nissen and Hill Repairs. Each type attempts to reconstruct the normal anatomy and function of the gastroesophageal junction. Speak with your doctor or surgeon about your options.

Continue Learning about GERD

Health Risks of Untreated GERD
Health Risks of Untreated GERD
Heartburn occurs when digestive acid from the stomach backs up into the esophagus, the muscular tube that connects the throat to the stomach. This cau...
What are natural treatments for heartburn?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
Given its close association with the stomach, Ayurveda relates the problem of acid reflux to an exce...
How can I prevent gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD)?
No one is exactly sure why gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and heartburn affect some people a...
How Can I Get My Heartburn Under Control?