What effect do canned foods have on acid reflux?

Some canned foods are more acidic than stomach acid, says Jamie Koufman, MD, director of the Voice Institute of New York and guest on The Dr. Oz Show, and that means they're bad for acid reflux. Watch this video to learn what to look for on labels.

Continue Learning about GERD

Health Risks of Untreated GERD
Health Risks of Untreated GERD
Heartburn occurs when digestive acid from the stomach backs up into the esophagus, the muscular tube that connects the throat to the stomach. This cau...
Are GERD and heartburn serious?
American Society for Gastrointestinal EndoscopyAmerican Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Yes, this is an active area of research. For scientific news on digestive diseases such as gastroeso...
How is endoscopic surgery for GERD perfomed?
Dr. Michael B. Ujiki, MDDr. Michael B. Ujiki, MD
The scarless procedure used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is called a transoral in...
How Can I Get My Heartburn Under Control?