What kind of beverages should I avoid to prevent acid reflux?

There are multiple causes of acid reflux, and every person can have individual exacerbating factors and foods. When it comes to beverages, some of the more common causes of acid reflux include coffee, fruit juices and alcohol. It is important to note that although milk may help soothe the throat initially, it is acidic and can worsen acid reflux.

Continue Learning about GERD

What do I need to know about caring for someone with GERD and heartburn?
When caring for someone with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and heartburn, it is important t...
What are the symptoms of acid reflux?
Spotsylvania Regional Medical CenterSpotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Symptoms of acid reflux are burning of the chest, coughing, voice fatigue and clearing of the throat...
Can avoiding certain foods help prevent acid reflux?
Fort Walton Beach Medical CenterFort Walton Beach Medical Center
Certain foods can increase acid production, or relax the lower esophageal sphincter. Avoiding foods ...
What If Alkaline Foods Are Not Helping My Acid Reflux Symptoms?