What if alkaline foods are not helping my acid reflux symptoms?

If alkaline foods are not helping with your acid reflux symptoms, you may have GERD and may need to seek further evaluation and treatment. In this video, surgery specialist James "Butch" Rosser Jr., MD, explains the signs and symptoms to be aware of.

Continue Learning about GERD

What Increases My Risk for GERD?
What Increases My Risk for GERD?
No food after midnight! That was one of the “rules” for avoiding trouble that down-and-out Rand (Hoyt Axton) was given when he bought an extraterrestr...
How can I tell if my chest pain is angina or acid reflux?
Dr. Gary W. Falk, MDDr. Gary W. Falk, MD
Acid reflux and angina are two vastly different conditions, but in some cases, the same symptoms are...
Does drinking coffee irritate acid reflux?
Drinking coffee can contribute to acid reflux because the caffeine in the coffee relaxes a ring-like...
What Will Happen If I Don't Treat My Acid Reflux?