Resveratrol acts as a natural antioxidant and helps prevent the damaging effects free radicals. Specifically, it is used to help prevent incidences of breast and prostate cancer, help lower blood sugar for type 2 diabetics, help prevent blood clots, and slow down the aging of cells. Although, it is found in its most beneficial form in blueberries, red grape skins, and the Japanese knotweed, it can also be found in a supplement that is made of the extracts of one of these plants. The supplement can be found in pill form, liquid form, or as a patch.
- Q Can resveratrol slow aging?
- Q What is resveratrol and how does it prevent cancer?
- Q What dosage of resveratrol is typically used for children?
- Q How can resveratrol help prevent metabolic syndrome?
- Q What dosage of resveratrol is typically used for adults?
- Q Can resveratrol supplements cause an allergic reaction?