How does PhosLo affect children?

Research on the effect and effectiveness of PhosLo on children has not been done. Therefore, it is not recommended that children use PhosLo.
Jon I. Scheinman, MD
Nephrology
PhosLo is Lanthanum Carbonate, an alternative mechanism for lowering phosporus in patients with chronic kidney disease. While the studies have not been done that prove its effectiveness or complete safety in children, it is now used by pediatric nephrologists for children, because of some advantages over some of the more conventional meds, including tolerability and lack of causing high calcium. 

Continue Learning about Genitourinary Agent