What urologic cancers are becoming increasingly common?

Along with prostate cancer, the following other urologic cancers are becoming increasingly common among American men and women:
  • Bladder cancer: An intestinal bladder can be created for patients in whom the bladder is removed.
  • Kidney cancer: There should be an emphasis on sparing the kidney whenever possible.
  • Testicular cancer: In men ages 15 to 45, testicular cancer is the most common form of urologic cancer.
As with other forms of cancer, the earlier urological cancer is detected, the greater the chance of successful treatment.

Continue Learning about Genitourinary Cancers

How do doctors categorize urinary system cancers?
Doctors categorize urinary system cancers using a staging system that is based on how much the cance...
Should I talk to my doctor about my urinary system cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should talk to your doctor right away if you have symptoms that might indicate that you hav...
How are physical exams used to diagnose urinary system cancers?
A physical exam is an important part of the diagnosis of urinary system cancers because sometimes th...
What are the symptoms of urinary system cancers?
Blood in the urine, a condition known as hematuria, is the most common symptom of urinary system can...