How do I manage my urinary system cancer on a daily basis?

Learning you have urinary system cancer and following through with treatment and recovery can be a daunting process. One of the most important things you can do to help yourself cope is to learn as much as you can about your particular type of urinary system cancer. Knowledge can help you feel more confident about the variety of decisions you will face as you and your doctor decide on the best course of treatment. Taking care of your overall health is also important; for example, it is a good idea to quit smoking if you are a smoker. You may feel very tired as a result of the cancer or the side effects of treatment, and you might also experience other side effects; you might need to alter your daily routine to give yourself a chance to rest. It might also help to stay in close touch with family or friends or to join a support group for people with similar types of cancer.

Continue Learning about Genitourinary Cancers

Should I talk to my doctor about my urinary system cancer symptoms?
Yes, you should talk to your doctor right away if you have symptoms that might indicate that you hav...
Do urinary system cancers affect children differently than adults?
Urinary system cancers are much more common in older adults than in children. For example, a conditi...
How are lab tests used to diagnose urinary system cancers?
The information gained from lab tests that analyze your urine and blood will help your doctor diagno...
How does radiation therapy treat urinary system cancers?
Radiation therapy is sometimes used to treat urinary system cancers, especially bladder and urethral...