Should I talk to my doctor about my urinary system cancer symptoms?

Yes, you should talk to your doctor right away if you have symptoms that might indicate that you have urinary system cancer, such as blood in your urine or abdominal pain. Cancer is serious and you may not want to consider this possibility, but early diagnosis and treatment is very important; the earlier this type of cancer is treated, the more likely it is that the treatment will be effective. Also, in some cases the symptoms of this type of cancer might turn out to be symptoms of something less serious, such as a urinary tract infection, which can be treated and cured with relative ease.

Continue Learning about Genitourinary Cancers

Are urinary system cancers serious?
Yes, urinary system cancers are serious. It is estimated that over 20,000 people in the United State...
What urologic cancers are becoming increasingly common?
Penn MedicinePenn Medicine
Along with prostate cancer, the following other urologic cancers are becoming increasingly commo...
What increases my risk for urinary system cancers?
There are a variety of risk factors that can increase the likelihood that you will develop urinary s...
Are there side effects to treatment for urinary system cancers?
Yes, every type of treatment for urinary system cancers has the potential to produce side effects, w...