In very rare cases, children may get genital warts if their mothers are infected while they're pregnant. In those cases, babies may develop warts in their throats, which may lead to airway obstruction and other health issues. Because of this, it's important for a woman to get tested and treated for genital warts before becoming pregnant or early in pregnancy.
- Q How can I have an STD if my STD test results are negative?
- Q How safe is treatment for gonorrhea during pregnancy?
- Q Why should women be treated for gonorrhea?
- Q What can I do if treatment for trichomoniasis fails?
- Q What are genital warts?
- Q What are the symptoms of gonorrhea in women?