An outbreak of genital herpes will usually go away on its own in about one week, but may last as long as a month. When taken early, antiviral medications can help minimize symptoms and heal outbreaks faster, however. Talk to your doctor if your symptoms are severe to discuss possible treatment options.
Stopping Malaria 3:24
- Q Could I have genital herpes even if I have no symptoms?
- Q What are the symptoms of genital herpes?
- Q What are the vaccines for genital herpes?
- Q How can I be treated for genital herpes if I am pregnant?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have genital herpes?
- Q How often does genital herpes recur?