An outbreak of genital herpes will usually go away on its own in about one week, but may last as long as a month. When taken early, antiviral medications can help minimize symptoms and heal outbreaks faster, however. Talk to your doctor if your symptoms are severe to discuss possible treatment options.
- Q What questions should I ask my doctor about genital herpes?
- Q How often does genital herpes recur?
- Q What is genital herpes?
- Q How does genital herpes recur?
- Q When should I call my doctor if I have genital herpes?
- Q How do I know if I may be developing a genital herpes outbreak?