Where will sores develop if I have genital herpes?

As its name suggests, genital herpes affects the genital area. However, in addition to the genitals, blisters may appear on the buttocks, inner thighs, or even near the anus. In some cases, people with genital herpes experience no symptoms.

Continue Learning about Genital Herpes

How common is genital herpes?
Herpes simplex, the virus that causes genital herpes, is highly contagious. Genital herpes is a fair...
When should I call my doctor if I have genital herpes?
You should call your doctor right away if you think you have genital herpes. Your doctor may be able...
What is genital herpes?
Both genital herpes and oral herpes are the result of a virus, the herpes simplex virus. Herpes simp...
What questions should I ask my doctor about genital herpes?
Review the following questions about herpes so you're prepared to discuss this important health issu...