People with weakened immune systems, such as those with AIDS, may experience more severe symptoms during a genital herpes outbreak. Sores may be more painful or take a longer time to heal. Talk to your doctor if you have a weakened immune system and genital herpes.
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with genital herpes?
- Q Where will sores develop if I have genital herpes?
- Q Can genital herpes spread to other parts of the body?
- Q How long does an outbreak of genital herpes last?
- Q If I have a genital herpes outbreak, how long is it contagious?
- Q What should I do if my partner has genital herpes?