Why might I need a stool analysis for cystic fibrosis?

If you have cystic fibrosis, you may have a stool sample to analyze how well you are digesting and absorbing fats. Cystic fibrosis causes thick, sticky mucus to build up in the pancreas as well as the lungs. In the pancreas, this causes blockage of ducts that produce enzymes to help digest food, especially fatty foods.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Stemming the Tide of Stem Cell Scams
Stemming the Tide of Stem Cell Scams
In April 2019, the Federal Trade Commission returned almost $515,000 to consumers who bought deceptively marketed “Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy” between...
What is the process for getting a stem cell transplant?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
When people are ready for a stem cell transplant, they go into the hospital and meet their transplan...
Can cystic fibrosis (CF) be cured?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cystic fibrosis (CF) cannot be cured, but there are many treatments that can make living with it eas...
Should I Consider Prenatal Testing for Genetic Disorders?