How are stem cells used in spine surgery?

The advantage of using stem cells in spinal surgery is that these are the body's own natural growth factors and growth cells that can promote bone growth. With stem cells, we see much more successful rates of fusion.

Stem cells and their benefits have been investigated in relation to spine surgery in the recent years. There is hope that someday, stem cells will help in a new therapy for spinal cord injury patients.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Stemming the Tide of Stem Cell Scams
Stemming the Tide of Stem Cell Scams
In April 2019, the Federal Trade Commission returned almost $515,000 to consumers who bought deceptively marketed “Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy” between...
How can vitamin supplements help people with cystic fibrosis (CF)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Vitamin supplements can help people with cystic fibrosis (CF) get enough vitamins so their bodies wo...
What are the symptoms of EPI in people with cystic fibrosis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Symptoms of EPI (exocrine pancreatic insufficiency) in people with cystic fibrosis (CF) include the ...
Should I Consider Prenatal Testing for Genetic Disorders?