How can I help prevent the cells in my body from dying?

The following can help prevent cellular exhaustion (cellular death):
  • Try astragalus, a medicinal Chinese plant shown to help rebuild genes by boosting the enzyme telomerase. Along with ginseng, astragalus is a member of the adaptogenic herb family that also helps reduce stress.
  • Stand up for 10 minutes a day. Many of us have difficulty finding time to exercise. If you can't get in your daily walk, you certainly can make time to stand up for 10 minutes a day, an activity shown to dramatically help rebuild your genes.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Stemming the Tide of Stem Cell Scams
Stemming the Tide of Stem Cell Scams
In April 2019, the Federal Trade Commission returned almost $515,000 to consumers who bought deceptively marketed “Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy” between...
What is a medical geneticist?
A medical geneticist is a medical doctor (MD) or a doctor of osteopathy (DO) who specializes in medi...
Can cystic fibrosis (CF) be cured?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cystic fibrosis (CF) cannot be cured, but there are many treatments that can make living with it eas...
What Happens During Genetic Counseling for Genetic Disorders?