Advertisement

How much of our longevity is tied to genetics versus lifestyle choices?

Scientists theorize that about 75 percent of our longevity is tied to our lifestyle choices and the remaining 25 percent is linked to genetics.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Can You Overcome Your Genetic Disposition?
Can You Overcome Your Genetic Disposition?
Actress Angelina Jolie announced in a 2013 New York Times editorial that she had both breasts removed. The reason: a heightened risk of breast cancer ...
Read More
Is cystic fibrosis (CF) contagious?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is not contagious. People are either born with CF or they’re not. People can’t ...
More Answers
How are babies tested for cystic fibrosis (CF)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Babies are tested for cystic fibrosis (CF) by looking for a cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductanc...
More Answers
What Happens During Genetic Counseling for Genetic Disorders?
What Happens During Genetic Counseling for Genetic Disorders?

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.