How long does it take to recover after a stem cell transplant?

It can take between three months and one year to recover from a stem cell transplant. During this time, people who have received a stem cell transplant go to the hospital for check-ups to make sure that the new stem cells are working properly.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Stem Cells, Worth the Wait
Stem Cells, Worth the Wait
Headlines call it a miracle: In the well-respected medical journal, The Lancet, Canadian researchers reported that 23 people with debilitating multipl...
What is the process for getting a stem cell transplant?
Riverside Cancer Care CenterRiverside Cancer Care Center
After being treated with high-dose anticancer drugs and/or radiation, the patient receives the stem ...
How do doctors decide if a donor is a match for a stem cell transplant?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Doctors use a blood test to make sure people are a good match with their stem cell transplant donor ...
Should I Consider Prenatal Testing for Genetic Disorders?