How long does it take to recover after a stem cell transplant?

It can take between three months and one year to recover from a stem cell transplant. During this time, people who have received a stem cell transplant go to the hospital for check-ups to make sure that the new stem cells are working properly.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Stem Cells, Worth the Wait
Stem Cells, Worth the Wait
Headlines call it a miracle: In the well-respected medical journal, The Lancet, Canadian researchers reported that 23 people with debilitating multipl...
Is cystic fibrosis (CF) contagious?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is not contagious. People are either born with CF or they’re not. People can’t ...
How do doctors decide if a donor is a match for a stem cell transplant?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Doctors use a blood test to make sure people are a good match with their stem cell transplant donor ...
When Should I Get Genetic Counseling for Genetic Disorders?