How are acid-base metabolism disorders diagnosed?

Doctors diagnose acid-base metabolism disorders with blood and urine tests. The two main types of blood tests are electrolytes and blood gases. The urine test checks the pH of the urine. These and other tests can help identify the type and cause of an acid-base metabolism disorder.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Stem Cells, Worth the Wait
Stem Cells, Worth the Wait
Headlines call it a miracle: In the well-respected medical journal, The Lancet, Canadian researchers reported that 23 people with debilitating multipl...
What are stem cells?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Stem cells can become any type of cell. Stem cells that live in the bone marrow are called hematopoi...
What are some common symptoms of cystic fibrosis (CF)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a life-threatening condition that can cause symptoms like difficulty breathi...
When Should I Get Genetic Counseling for Genetic Disorders?