Besides embryonic and adult, what are the other types of stem cells?

Louis Rosner
Neurology
In addition, epithelial stem cells in the lining of the digestive tract occur in deep crypts and give rise to several cell types: absorptive cells, goblet cells, paneth cells, and enteroendocrine cells. Skin stem cells occur in the basal layer of the epidermis and at the base of hair follicles. The epidermal stem cells give rise to keratinocytes, which migrate to the surface of the skin and form a protective layer. The follicular stem cells can give rise to both the hair follicle and to the epidermis.
Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis

Too often, multiple sclerosis is thought of only as "the crippler of young adults." But in fact, 75 percent of all people with MS will never need a wheelchair. In Multiple Sclerosis, Dr. Louis J....

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders and Birth Defects

Stem Cells, Worth the Wait
Stem Cells, Worth the Wait
Headlines call it a miracle: In the well-respected medical journal, The Lancet, Canadian researchers reported that 23 people with debilitating multipl...
If I have EPI, how can I give my body more fuel?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) you can give your body more fuel by eating more ...
What is Turcot syndrome?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
Turcot syndrome is a rare inherited condition in which people are at increased risk of adenomatous p...
Should I Consider Prenatal Testing for Genetic Disorders?