Should I talk to my doctor about my neurofibromatosis symptoms?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

If you or your child are suffering from the symptoms of neurofibromatosis, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms include medium brown spots on the skin or skin-colored lumps. You should also contact your doctor if you are experiencing hearing loss or a ringing noise in your ears. Though there is no current treatment to cure neurofibromatosis, you and your doctor may be able to manage your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders

Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Treatments
In this video, Darria Long Gillespie, MD, discusses the two major treatment approaches for hereditary angioedema, treatments taken to stop attacks and...
Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Symptoms
Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is a rare genetic condition characterized by episodes of severe swelling. In this video, Dr. Mehmet Oz discusses the tellt...
What does mitochondrial disease look like?
Foundation for Mitochondrial Medicine (FMM)Foundation for Mitochondrial Medicine (FMM)
Mitochondrial disease takes many different forms. It can look like any number of better-known diseas...
Can a child inherit HHT from a parent with the disease?
Society of Interventional RadiologySociety of Interventional Radiology
Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) is a genetic disorder that affects about one in 5,000 pe...