Should I talk to my doctor about my neurofibromatosis symptoms?

If you or your child are suffering from the symptoms of neurofibromatosis, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms include medium brown spots on the skin or skin-colored lumps. You should also contact your doctor if you are experiencing hearing loss or a ringing noise in your ears. Though there is no current treatment to cure neurofibromatosis, you and your doctor may be able to manage your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders

Must-Know Facts About Mitochondrial Disease
If there’s one thing you remember from high school biology, it’s probably this: Mitochondria are the powerhouses of the cells. It stands to reason tha...
Ask the Experts: Hereditary Angioedema Treatments
In this video, Darria Long Gillespie, MD, discusses the two major treatment approaches for hereditary angioedema, treatments taken to stop attacks and...
What does it mean if a disorder is genetic?
When disorders are passed down through the family from parent to child, it means they are inherited,...
Why should I know about genetic disorders in my family's history?
Carrie BilickiCarrie Bilicki
By taking into consideration personal and family medical histories, a physician can identify patient...