How do I manage my neurofibromatosis on a daily basis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

On a day-to-day basis, neurofibromatosis does not require much of your attention. However, if you are undergoing radiation therapy to shrink your tumors, you may need to cope with side effects. Overall, it's best to keep a watchful eye on your neurofibromatosis. If you have type 1 neurofibromatosis, monitor your tumors and alert your doctor if anything drastically changes. If you have type 2 neurofibromatosis, monitor your hearing and balance; contact your doctor if you notice anything new and different in your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders

Coping with the Emotional Impact of SMA
Coping with the Emotional Impact of SMA
Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is the name given to a collection of rare genetic disorders that cause muscles to weaken and atrophy. SMA is a lifelong...
What's going on in the brain of a child with tuberous sclerosis complex?
Dr. Aria Fallah, MDDr. Aria Fallah, MD
There are four main findings in the brains of children with tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC). Corti...
What causes chronic acid sphingomyelinase deficiency (ASMD)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
The cause of chronic acid sphingomyelinase deficiency (ASMD) all comes back to the cells. The cells ...
Is rosacea inherited?
Rosacea may be an inherited condition, although this has not been scientifically proven. It appears ...