How do I manage my neurofibromatosis on a daily basis?

On a day-to-day basis, neurofibromatosis does not require much of your attention. However, if you are undergoing radiation therapy to shrink your tumors, you may need to cope with side effects. Overall, it's best to keep a watchful eye on your neurofibromatosis. If you have type 1 neurofibromatosis, monitor your tumors and alert your doctor if anything drastically changes. If you have type 2 neurofibromatosis, monitor your hearing and balance; contact your doctor if you notice anything new and different in your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders

What You Need to Know About Hereditary Angioedema
Hereditary angioedema, abbreviated as HAE, is a disorder where people experience recurring episodes of severe swelling. This swelling can occur throug...
How to Treat an Hereditary Angioedema Attack and Get Relief Fast
Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is a genetic condition that causes swelling, typically of the face, hands, feet, digestive tract or throat. About 1 of eve...
Why do doctors look at the diet of people with a urea cycle disorder (UCD)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Doctors look at the diet of people with a urea cycle disorder (UCD) because people with a UCD need a...
Why can't people with UCDs just stop eating protein to fix the problem?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If people with a urea cycle disorder (UCD) don’t eat any protein at all, it is just as bad as if the...