How does Fabry disease affect my quality of life?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Both men and women with Fabry disease have a significantly decreased quality of life caused by the physical, mental, and emotional impact of the disease. 

Continue Learning about Genetic Disorders

Coping with the Emotional Impact of SMA
Coping with the Emotional Impact of SMA
Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) is the name given to a collection of rare genetic disorders that cause muscles to weaken and atrophy. SMA is a lifelong...
What causes urea cycle disorders (UCDs)?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Urea cycle disorders (UCDs) are caused by a problem with some of the genes in the body. Genes are in...
How can I learn about genetic disorders in my family?
The Surgeon General's Family Health History Initiative is a program set up by the U.S. government to...
What is an X-linked recessive condition?
Duchenne muscular dystrophy, hemophilia and color-blindness are examples of an X-linked recessive co...