How do I manage my generalized anxiety disorder on a daily basis?

Generalized anxiety disorder can affect your daily life and interfere with normal routines. However, there are ways to manage the disorder. Make sure you take your medications and attend all scheduled therapy sessions. It may also be helpful to join a support group. When you are feeling anxious, try to distract yourself by finding something else to focus on, such as a hobby or exercising. Consult your mental health provider for additional techniques that you can use at home to lessen your anxiety and reduce stress.

Continue Learning about Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Why is generalized anxiety disorder more common in women than in men?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
While the cause and the reason why generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) -- uncontrollable and extr...
Where can I find help for a loved one with generalized anxiety disorder?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
First, recognize that generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a real and serious illness and not a cha...
How can I help a loved one who has generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)?
When caring for someone with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), remember to offer both emotional an...
How might my loved one's generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) affect me?
The recovery process may take a toll on those caring for someone with GAD. Family and friends should...