What is the rate of incidence for generalized anxiety disorder?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Generalized anxiety disorder is a common disorder that affects twice as many women as men. In America, it is estimated that 6.8 million adults have generalized anxiety disorder in any given year. This is slightly more than 3 percent of American adults.

Continue Learning about Generalized Anxiety Disorder

How can I help a loved one who has generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)?
When caring for someone with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), remember to offer both emotional an...
How might my loved one's generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) affect me?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
The recovery process may take a toll on those caring for someone with GAD. Family and friends should...
Why is generalized anxiety disorder more common in women than in men?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
While the cause and the reason why generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) -- uncontrollable and extr...
Why is it important to support someone with generalized anxiety disorder?
Those with generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) need more than just therapy, medication, traditional h...