When should I weigh myself before starting a diet if I am a woman?

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
Women tend to retain much more water just before their periods. Be sure to take this into account when you start your diet and take measurements. Ignore scale readings in the 10 days before menstruation. Treat your first weighing following your period (as soon as one day following is fine) as your "after" measurement. Don't let short-term water fluctuations discourage you. Be aware of your menstrual timing so you don't mistakenly conclude the diet isn't working.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Weight Loss Diets

Should You Do a Juice Cleanse?
Should You Do a Juice Cleanse?
Preparing for a beach vacation? Need to fit into last season's dress? Or just looking to lose a few pounds? Hopping on the juice cleanse train might b...
What is a successful weight-loss diet?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
There isn't one diet that works for everyone. In this video, I will explain how I'm partial to the M...
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the DASH Diet
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the DASH DietEverything You Ever Wanted to Know About the DASH DietEverything You Ever Wanted to Know About the DASH DietEverything You Ever Wanted to Know About the DASH Diet
Drop pounds, cut cholesterol and lower your blood pressure with DASH.
Do Diet Drops Work?
Do Diet Drops Work?